Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Heightened Negativity Bias

  A long extensive article that I want to get back to. Still if conservatives have an overblown negativity reaction then I still don't get the global warming denial. Global warming would seem like a perfect object for fears and worries. Can somebody explain this to me?

AlterNet: Secrets of the Right-Wing Brain: New Study Proves It — Conservatives See a Hostile World - Phony WMD, Benghazi, birthers, truthers -- turns out there's a scientific explanation for deniers and Tea Partyers

2 comments:

Glynn Kalara said...

Global warming denial is partially part of their aversion to science where it attacks the beliefs systems of certain key elements of their world-view. Evolution denial and Climate denial both fit this category, but refer to different sub-groups among them. So, for instance I know a man who believes in evolution without any qualms, but denies climate change and I know a women who denies both. I even know a guy who is ok with global warming , but a skeptic on evolution. All these folks are conservative, even reactionary in many of their other beliefs as well, but not necessarily all of them.

Jim Sande said...

Glenn wrote - "...it attacks the beliefs systems of certain key elements of their world-view."

This is good, I think you've summed it up.