Search This Blog

Monday, March 02, 2015

The Market On Monday

  Good morning. It is 26 degrees and hazy sunny here in the Upper Hudson Valley. The ten day forecast is showing numbers in the 30s and 40s and if this is true, pandemonium will break out as the temperature over the entire month of February has hovered around zero and below zero. We survived February 2015 and man I don't want to do that again anytime soon. I hope you had a good reviving weekend. I performed on the guitar with my ensemble on Saturday night and I played well if I do say so for myself. The thing of it is I have possibly the worst cold imaginable. I am one sick head cold puppy. It will be bed rest for me today as it was yesterday.

  At 8:15 a.m. ET futures are flat and the price of oil per barrel is down. The market is poised to open in the flat to slightly lower area.

  Today is a day for the techies as Samsung, HTC, and Huawei display some new toys. It's not my thing as I still use an old school flip phone and most of the time I forget it at home. I am one of those people in complete dismay as I go into a public venue and see everyone looking into their smart phone. Life's too short.

CNN:Stocks: 5 things to know before the open
The People's Bank of China slashed interest rates over the weekend to keep prices from weakening too quickly.

Experts say the central bank has become concerned about the threat of deflation.

No comments: